YouTube Music is a new music app that allows you to easily find what you’re looking for and discover new music. Get playlists and recommendations served to you based on your context, tastes, and what’s trending around you.
A new music streaming service from YouTube
• This is a completely reimagined music service with official releases from your favorite artists.
Find the music you want
• Easily find the albums, singles, live performances, covers and remixes you’re looking for.
• Don’t know a song’s name? Just search the lyrics or describe it.
Discover new music
• Get music recommendations based on taste, location, and time of day.
• Use “The Hotlist” to keep up with what’s trending.
Upgrade to YouTube Music Premium to enjoy these benefits:
• Listen ad-free
• Don’t worry about your music stopping when you lock your screen or use other apps.
• Download your favorites or let us do it for you by enabling Offline Mixtape.
If you subscribe via iTunes:
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of the selected plan. Subscriptions and auto-renewal may be managed by going to Account Settings after purchase.
Monthly price: $12.99 USD / $12.99 CAD / $15.99 AUD / $16.99 NZD / £12.99 / €12.99 / $129 pesos MXN / $9.89 USD (KR only) / 129 kr NOK / 129 kr SEK / 129 kr DKK / 229 ₽
YouTube paid service terms: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms_paidservice
1. YouTube Premium $15.99
2. YouTube Music Premium $12.99
We update our app all the time in order to make your YouTube Music experience better. We polished a few things, fixed bugs, and made some performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
change it back!
Been LOVING this app for a long time until the latest update. i don't understand the logic of the new format at all! Before you could see dozens of songs on the home screen, lots of categories to explore-- artists, genres, recently played, etc., four or more playlists in each section and you could clearly see which song it was going to start on. Now there are weird new categories that don't show actual songs in the thumbnails, and the thumbnails are so huge you can only see two items in each category without scrolling sideways and and you can only see two categories at a time without scrolling down. it's so clunky and clogged up it's impossible to just glance through and find a song that looks good. it has become a far less enjoyable experience, basically if you want to listen to a specific song now you can forget about easily finding it on your home screen. you're just going to have to search it which kind of defeats the whole point in my opinion. and looking for new stuff has just become a crap shoot. if you're thinking about getting this app i'd wait a while for the next update, cause right now it kind of blows.
Love the app just ONE thing...
Im sure other people would agree but just putting it out there and hope you take it into consideration. But under “Library” in the “Artist” column once you’ve subscribed to someone you like, you should make it where songs you’ve LIKED by that artist get categorized under the “Artist” column and where it says “Shuffle” or “Shuffle Play” you should add another one that says “Shuffle Liked Songs” or something like that so you dont have to shuffle all their songs because I'm sure everyone only listens to a handful of music by an artist and not all their music. Like me some artist i like most their music and others i only listen to a couple songs by them and whenever i click shuffle i don't want to hear all their music just the couple i like. It would help if you categorize the Artist you’ve subscribed to and make a spot next to Shuffle and Radio where it shuffles just music you’ve liked by them. Hopefully you look into what i said if you understand what i mean it would earn that 5 star rating its a great app it would make it so much better if you added that thanks.
Better UI before recent updates
Let me start by saying two things.
1) I've been a YT Red subscriber for so many months that I've lost count. A lot of what people are complaining about on here can be summed up as "I want the features of the paid service without having to pay for it." I'll just leave that as is.
2) Before this recent issue I was greatly enjoying the service and would say it was a 5 ⭐️ app. This one issue, though, has literally changed the way I am able to use the app.
My issue is a UI issue.
As long as I've been a subscriber (until recently) the controls on the app worked in a specific way. You click a song, the song pops up and starts playing, the playlist is generated, and the controls (play, pause, forward, back, like, dislike etc.) were always at the bottom of the screen. It didn't matter if you had made the single song's album/video as the whole screen, or if you had the playlist up. Now, though, if you have the playlist up you lose all controls. It's just aggravating more than anything. Click song, song pops up in full screen with controls, click on list and lose controls, and then you have to click on the song (or up arrow) in order to get your controls back. I can't understand the logic of forcing that extra step every single time you just want to see your playlist.
Maybe it's just me and everyone that I know that hates this change, but I find that hard to believe.
- Google LLC
- 194.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Zulu
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2015 Google Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- YouTube Premium $12.99
- YouTube Music $12.99
- YouTube Music $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.